Thursday, February 19, 2009

nests, giants, the starlings stayed with us

I was in a large one story house that sprawled out in all directions. There were many rooms, but one stood out the most. It had a very high ceiling and the walls were made of cliffs. On some of the cliffs nested shore birds, whose clattered at each other and stained the rock face with shit.



On the top of one cliff sat a giant gazing down at me. I felt I was not supposed to climb these walls, so I walked on down the cavernous hallways.



Suddenly, the person who was sleeping next to me appeared in the dream. We walked to a door that led out into a green courtyard. There were groups of teenagers throwing a frisbee and avoiding the small furry animals crawling all around the ground. I know some of them were squirrels & rats, but I think there were larger ones like badgers.



As I stepped outside, I looked into the trees that crowded around the skyline. Every branch was heavy with starlings, their golden markings shimmering. As my friend stepped out behind me, the birds hunched down as if to spring into flight. I turned to my friend and said, "Keep your spirit still."



The birds remained in the trees as we looked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment