Sunday, February 17, 2008

a procession of animals

was at my grandmother's house (whose husband recently passed). i looked out the window and there was an emu trying to climb a tree. i went outside and approached it. there was a man standing next to it, and he warned me that emus are very powerful and could hurt me easily. i scratched its neck, which was studded with emeralds and other stones. it bent its head towards me. i thought it would bite me, but instead it started grooming me.

i looked up into the sky and then saw a very large woodpecker fighting with a grackle. the fight lasted awhile, and when i looked down i was in a large open field, which was much like my other grandmother's house. the field was surrounded by trees. it felt very safe. more birds started coming from the sky (starlings, bluejays, owl, hawks, crows etc.), and following was an entire menagerie! There were monkeys, horses, foxes, badgers, elephants, snakes, rats, dogs, and so many more i couldn't see all of them. they told me they were ready for battle.

then i woke up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(at some point, i was speaking fluent japanese to some of the animals-- i think they were those red-faced monkeys...)

No comments:

Post a Comment