Friday, February 29, 2008

turtles and bear teeth

Was in my grandparents' house in Florida. I was sitting in bed looking out the glass doors into a pond. The pond was teaming with turtles. First I saw small ones, but then more and more began to appear. There was one HUGE one whose shell housed other smaller ones.



Then an alligator popped his head out of the water. To its left appeared a crocodile whose skin shimmered as if studded with jewels and iridescent feathers. The two began to fight, and the turtles swam away. A half-lion-half-house cat leaped down from the rocks above and began batting playfully at the water being splashed by the tumult.

Then a brown shaggy bear with a great wide head charged in. All of the others left quickly. The bear turned to me and opened the glass door. I was terrified. It opened its mouth and asked me to put my hand inside. I did, and felt rows of incredibly sharp teeth. I pulled away, and it looked into my eyes saying, "I think you are lovely & I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment