Tuesday, May 6, 2008

two nights of rats



For the past two nights I've been visited by rats. For those who don't know, I have had pet rats in the past and deeply respect their industriousness, affection, and intelligence.

In the first, I was at my grandmother's house in Florida and found four rats in a cage. One of them was brown and quite aggressive, but I felt a special love for her. Every time I put my hand in the cage, she would shirk and try to bite, while two others were indifferent and one was very loving.

In the second, I was at Hazel and Valerie's old house and again there were the exact same four caged rats with the same temperaments. I was trying to leave town and was very worried about these creatures being cared for. I was trying to get a friend of mine to feed, water, and change their bedding. She was an amalgamation of many people from my elementary school. She was enthusiastic, but did not seem capable. I was worried.



There was a college-aged boy in the room who was taking bonghits and being generally filthy and disrespectful. I ended up completely unloading on him, and I looked down and saw my rug under his feet, covered in earth.

Not terribly interesting, but I was surprised to find four rat friends showing up two nights in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment