Monday, July 21, 2008

fetal light-clot

I suddenly realized I was three months pregnant and in unbearable pain. The pain was so severe I thought it would kill me and my unborn child.

I went to the hospital and the doctors and nurses laid me on the table. I was writhing and screaming with pain. As they prepared their instruments for an ultrasound, I left my body and could see the fetus inside of me.



At first it was unclear, as if I was seeing it unfocused and in black and white. I could see something blocking its throat, and I thought it was a blood clot. The pain I thought would kill me was actually the pain of my unborn child.




Soon, the image became clearer, and I could see it was actually an orb of light that was blocking its airways. It was absolutely terrifying, as if I was watching helplessly as a part of myself choked to death. Slowly, the light dislodged itself and began to make its was down the fetus's esophagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment